The Green Banking Delegation Tour to Germany offers participants from all partner countries the opportunity to initiate new business contacts via B2B meetings, to exchange experiences with German financing experts and to visit best practice renewable energy and energy efficiency projects. Furthermore, the Delegation Tour will comprise short workshops and trainings at RENAC's premises in Berlin, Germany.
Throughout the lifetime of the Green Banking project, three Delegation Tours will be realised with up to 15 scholarships for participants from all five partner countries per tour. Consequently, a total of 45 participants will have the opportunity to take part in a Delegation Tour to Germany. The Delegation Tour will take place in Berlin and Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
The Delegation Tour is directed to representatives of the management or business development unit of financial institutions.
- To transfer knowledge and experiences on important issues related to renewable energy and energy efficiency finance
- To give participants an in-depth view into the German energy transition (experiences, challenges, best practice examples)
- To offer opportunities to initiate new business contacts and to engage in international networking through B2B meetings.
The 5-day Delegation Tour will consist of workshops at RENAC's training centre, field trips to outstanding RE and EE projects as well as B2B meetings with financial institutions involved in RE and EE financing. Participants will have the opportunity to discover best case examples of RE/ EE technology projects and to exchange experiences with experts from Germany as well as partner countries. The outline of the seminar shall enable participants to gain knowledge with high practical relevance.
- The Delegation Tour to Germany is designed for up to 15 participants (from all five partner countries)
- Course material is provided in English
- Lecturers will present in English
|Course no.||Country||Period||Location||Duration (days)||Application deadline|
|2016 - DT||All countries||10.10. - 14.10.2016||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2017 - DT||All countries||11.9 - 15.09.2017||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2018 - DT||India||10.09. – 14.09.2018||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2018 - DT||Indonesia||10.09. – 14.09.2018||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2018 - DT||Philippines||10.09. – 14.09.2018||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2018 - DT||Thailand||10.09. – 14.09.2018||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
|2018 - DT||Vietnam||10.09. – 14.09.2018||Berlin and Frankfurt||5||n/a|
- Seminar fees: The participation in the Delegation Tour is free of charge and includes materials (colour printed hard copies), lunch, coffee / tea breaks, field trips, travel and health insurance for the duration of the seminar.
- Travel costs: RENAC will reward up to 50% of costs against submission of receipts. That is 50% of a return economy-class flight between India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Berlin or Frankfurt (up to 700 Euro). RENAC will provide up to 50% of hotel costs in Berlin and Frankfurt (up to 6 nights in total, up to 75 Euro/night). The participants shall cover at least 50% of ticket and hotel costs.
The main location for the seminar will be in RENAC's Training Centre in the city of Berlin, Germany. Besides Berlin, the group will also visit the financial capital of Germany Frankfurt am Main. For more information about Berlin and Frankfurt please visit the following websites:
How to apply
- Participants have to apply for VISA to Germany themselves. RENAC will send an invitation letter as a pdf via email to selected and confirmed participants in due time before the seminar starts.
- Participants have to organise and book the travel to/from Berlin/Frankfurt and the hotel in Berlin as well as other travel arrangements themselves. RENAC will provide information about hotels situated near the Renewables Academy AG in Berlin and in Frankfurt.
The application period for Green Banking trainings 2018 ended on 31 March 2018.
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 20
Fax: +49 (0)30 58 70870 88
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 24
Fax: +49 (0)30 58 70870 88
Green Banking email address: