Online Training with focus on Green Energy Development
As part of the GECI-programme, RENAC will conduct a comprehensive course, which is completely online. For those that pass the advanced courses of the online package, the title of the awarded certificate is: “GECI-Certified Green Energy Professional - Online”. We recommend that seminar participants also work through the fundamental courses, as many facts are a prerequisite for the advanced courses. Seminar participants who have already attended these courses in previous semesters can start the training later.
This training package consists of online courses with a final exam. The exam will cover courses marked with:
- Renewable energy fundamentals
- PV application and technology
- Wind power planning, application and technology
- Energy Efficiency
- Synergies of energy efficiency and renewable energy policy
- Heat pumps for heating and cooling – technology and applications
- Protection systems in low and medium voltage networks with rooftop and ground-mounted photovoltaics
- Grid integration:
- Battery energy storage systems for grid ancillary services
- Spinning Reserve in Power Supply Systems with wind power and photovoltaic
- Battery storage overview
- PV business models and business plans
- Methodology of project valuation
The following figure shows the timetable for the entire training. Fundamental courses will be available from October onwards. RENAC will broadcast the advanced courses from January to March 2020. The final exam and a re-exam on the advanced courses will be at the beginning of April 2020.
|Study time for |
|Study time for |
|Exam and re-exam on advanced course topics |
- Transmission and distribution grid operators that work towards the integration of electricity from photovoltaic and wind power
- Enterprises, consultants and project developers working in the renewable energy sectors
- Universities supporting start-ups and entrepreneurship in the renewable energy sector (professors and assistant professors)
- Ministries and public institutions involved in establishing political and economic frameworks
- Non-governmental organizations active in the field of renewable energy
- The excellent knowledge of English is essential to participate in online training.
How to apply
RENAC will choose participants according to the information provided in the application form (CV, motivation letter, references etc.). After the end of the application period, RENAC will select candidates and inform all applicants about their status.
RENAC encourages all Iranian individuals active in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency to sign up for our free and open online trainings.
- The online course will last up to 25 weeks; participants will need 350 to 400 hours to work through the material (reading, watching online lectures, self-evaluation and preparation for final exam)
- The participation in the online courses is free of charge and includes access to text and videos, questions for self-study, virtual classrooms, forum, final test and certificate. RENAC staff and lecturers will offer extensive support all along the learning process via email.
- Participants can print out a personalized copy of the course materials in the form of PDF documents for personal use
- Course materials are provided in English. An English-Persian glossary will be provided.
- Lecturers in the virtual classrooms will present in English
- At the end of the training, participants can take an exam and receive a RENAC certificate if the training is successfully completed.
|Date of online training||Code||Deadline for application||Application|
|01 October 2019 - March 2020||GECI-Online||20 September 2019||Apply here|
Fees for the participation in internet-based trainings are covered by the project including access to texts and videos, animations, questions for self-testing, virtual classrooms, online forum for questions/answers, final test and RENAC certificate.