Applying Green Energy Finance: Renewable Energy
Applying Green Energy Finance is tailored to deliver a comprehensive, general introduction into green energy finance topics. It provides fundamentals of renewable energy (RE) technologies and details about financing of Renewable Energy projects. The international perspective of climate finance is covered as well.
The courses comprised in this package are:
Green Energy Finance courses
- Introduction to renewable energy projects
- Greening the bank
- Methodology of project valuation
- Renewable Energy project finance
- Project contracts
- Renewable Energy support mechanisms
- Climate finance
Optional: Business case studies
One elective technology course
- PV application
- Wind power application
- Biogas application
Additionally, each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics.
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the training, you will be able to:
- Assess risks in the lifecycle of a Renewable Energy project
- Discuss bankability criteria and apply to Renewable Energy projects
- Identify project finance structures and procedures
- Explain principles of climate finance mechanisms
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Duration: 3 months
Study time: 80 hours
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Volker Jaensch joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in August 2010. As project director he is responsible for the areas of bioenergy, financing and climate change mitigation as well as for the design and implementation of renewable energy training centers. Furthermore, Mr. Jaensch is involved in wind energy and energy efficiency projects and trainings.
Volker has ten years professional experience in project development, due diligence, financing and implementation of renewable energy projects with a focus on biomass and wind-energy (at daughter companies of Veolia Environment and Gamesa Energia). He also gained experience in the political arena of renewable energy at the German Energy Agency (dena). Before joining RENAC Mr. Jaensch was active for four years in the development and implementation of sustainable Carbon Credit generating projects (according to the Kyoto Protocol and the Gold Standard) in developing countries.
Mr Jaensch holds degrees in Environmental Engineering and Master of Business Administration (MBA).