Certified Flexibility Power Systems Specialist (CFPSS)
The six-months online training “Certified Flexible Power System Specialist” has been developed in response to the increasing need to understand the operation of power systems with high shares of variable renewable energy as wind and solar-PV (VRE). It aims to explain the effects of Variable Renewable Energies on power system operations and generation capacity expansion planning. The training shall equip participants with knowledge on flexibility options in power systems that that allow high shares of Variable Renewwable Energy.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
- PV application
- PV-diesel hybrid systems
- Wind power
- Wind and PV grid integration
- Flexibility options for power systems
- Flexibility thermal power plants
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Consult energy ministries or working groups that draft energy strategies and propose measures to increase the power system flexibility
- Provide advice to private and public institutions on tender documents for flexible thermal generation capacity
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Albrecht Tiedemann is a director at the Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG since 2009. He manages the CapREG Program “Capacity Development on Renewable Energy and Grid Integration” for Professionals from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru and Ecuador working in the public and private energy sector. He is responsible for Blended e-Learning seminars (renewable energy and grid integration) and works as a trainer for wind energy (resource assessment, technology, hybrid wind/PV micro grids and wind farm economics) and for grid integration of renewables (balancing power and capacity credit calculation, short term power forecast for wind and solar). Mr Tiedemann moderates and chairs panel discussions, workshops, seminars and conferences.
From 2003 to 2009 he was Project Director at the German Energy Agency (dena) GmbH and there he worked as a Consultant for the German Federal Ministry of Economics & Technology, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, the European Commission and enterprises in the energy sector. Furthermore, he was the Chairman of Offshore Wind Standing Committee of the Federal government and the coastal Länder as well of the Forum Offshore Wind Energy and Nature Conservation. Mr. Tiedemann has been executively involved in the integration of renewable energies into the German energy supply system and in conducting strategic analysis for the German energy sector (German grid-study I and II until 2020 and 2030).
From 1989 to 2003 he worked as scientific assistant for the Federal Environmental Agency of Germany where he was responsible for developing environmental friendly technologies.
He holds a degree as “Engineer of Environmental Protection Technology” from the Technical University Berlin.