Certified PV Professional
The Certified PV Professional online training provides knowledge on planning and operation of different PV systems, pointing out critical success factors. The first three courses provide basic knowledge on components, configuration and sizing as well as on economics of various types of PV systems.The following three courses further explain these topics, and show how to plan and operate exemplary PV power plants and PV-diesel systems. These courses give technology specific details as well as tips for the planning and operation process.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
Certified PV Professional courses
- Photovoltaics (PV) application and technology
- PV-diesel hybrid systems
- Off-grid systems
- Small-scale PV grid connected systems
- Planning of PV-diesel hybrid systems
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Determine the optimal PV system size and estimate the corresponding energy yield
- Categorise PV-diesel hybrid systems and evaluate their economic viability
- Indentify the system type (off-grid, grid-connected or hybrid) suited to an application
- Define the planning and implementation steps to ensure the success of a PV project
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 150 hours
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Access the demo course on our e-learning platform
Lars Koerner joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in May 2014 as Project Director. He coordinates and conducts training programs at Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG mainly in the field of solar energy systems. Off-grid systems and PV-Diesel-Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification or industrial applications are his special interest.
Before joining RENAC Lars gained seven years of experience as project engineer and senior product manager at SolarWorld AG where he also managed several rural electrification projects. His experience in the area of solar energy spans further through his work at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Almeria, Spain and Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg, Germany. He is an expert in sizing and simulation of solar energy systems and the co-author on off-grid systems in Earthscan’s 3rd edition of “Planning and Installing Photovoltaic Systems”.
Lars holds an engineering diploma in Environmental Engineering / Renewable Energies and is also a state-licensed electrician.