Certified ReGrid® Manager
You can become a Certified ReGrid® Manager (CRGM) by choosing RENAC's certified online training on grid integration of renewable energy. This online training demonstrates how a high amount of variable renewable energy (wind and solar) can be safely integrated into the electricity supply. It shows which steps are essential for the power system transformation.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
The online training comprises of eight courses:
- Highly resolved scenarios
- Short term prediction of wind/solar power generation
- Generator concepts for renewable energy (RE)
- Balancing power for grid integration of RE
- Grid codes for RE
- Generation expansion planning for a high share of VRE
- Grid and system integration studies
- Energy storage
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify challenges and solutions for grid operation and planning with large shares of variable renewable energy (VRE)
- Manage resource assessment, flexibility options and grid impact studies for large shares of VRE
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
If you are not sure you have the required background to successfully take this training, the test in the demo course will help you evaluate your current knowledge.
Within the Renewables Academy Online, "Applying Renewable Energy – large scale systems” is a good preparation for this online training. It can be booked by those who would like to build up or refresh their knowledge on photovoltaic, wind, and concentrating solar power (CSP) technologies. Participants who are enrolled in “Applying Renewable Energy” can get early access to the "Certified ReGrid(R) Manager (CRGM)” courses of the following semester.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 200 hours
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration