Certified Renewable Energy Project Developer: Photovoltaics
This online training explains the most important economic aspects of renewable energy project planning. It describes the methodologies of different support mechanisms and conveys knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks. Participants will learn which parameters are used to assess the bankability of renewable energy projects, and understand a banker’s view on risks related to PV, wind and biogas projects. The course includes a checklist for the project developer to ensure that all data that the bank requires is ordered and complete. The elective course allows insights in the planning process for a medium to large-scale PV grid-connected system - from the earliest stages to implementation.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
- Methodology of project valuation
- Support mechanisms for renewable energy projects
- Renewable energy project finance
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Calculate relevant economic parameters of a renewable energy project
- Decide which support mechanisms are applicable
- Prepare the data required for a bankability assessment
- Define the necessary steps from planning to O&M for the elective technology
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 130 hours
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Lars Koerner joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in May 2014 as Project Director. He coordinates and conducts training programs at Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG mainly in the field of solar energy systems. Off-grid systems and PV-Diesel-Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification or industrial applications are his special interest.
Before joining RENAC Lars gained seven years of experience as project engineer and senior product manager at SolarWorld AG where he also managed several rural electrification projects. His experience in the area of solar energy spans further through his work at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Almeria, Spain and Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg, Germany. He is an expert in sizing and simulation of solar energy systems and the co-author on off-grid systems in Earthscan’s 3rd edition of “Planning and Installing Photovoltaic Systems”.
Lars holds an engineering diploma in Environmental Engineering / Renewable Energies and is also a state-licensed electrician.