GESS IIa: Grid-connected Photovoltaics (PV)
Our current decade showed an extraordinary downward price development for photovoltaic (PV) technology. As a result, newly installed peak power of PV systems now surpasses all other technologies, both conventional/fossil and renewable. Use this RENAC course to get yourself up to date about this most promising energy technology on our planet. You will receive solid theoretical knowledge on grid-tied PV combined with practical hands-on exercise. Our experienced trainers will get you involved in the training and will facilitate valuable group interaction and discussions.
- Introduction on PV applications and current global market trends and numbers
- Grid-tied PV systems
- PV project development and (economic) feasibility
- Hands-on work with solar equipment
- Site visit to a large scale PV power plant
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
5 days (4 days theory and case studies, 0.5 hands on exercises, 0.5 field visits)
Dr. Emilienne Tingwey
Project Director Face-to-face Trainings
Tel: +49 (0) 30 526 895 882
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Assess solar resource and yield
- Identify PV plant components
- Design a plant with PVsyst (basic design)
- Analyse operational data from a real PV system
- Evaluate the core activities within the PV value chain
- Assess main steps of project development and implementation
- Comprehend key stakeholders and project structures
- Identify risks, risk mitigation, dos and don’ts
- Assess the KPIs of PV project calculation
- Investigate main costs (CAPEX and OPEX) and other relevant figures for an economic analysis
- Identify leverage of projects
- Evaluate a project with an according economic efficiency calculation tool
- Assessment of knowledge acquisition
- Qualified trainer with wide experience in the industry
- Up-to-date theoretical lectures, case study, discussion, partner work
- State-of-the-art practical training (calculations, hands-on exercises)
- Use of our self-build practical training rigs, representing each technology
- Field trips with inspections of power plants, buildings etc.
- Certificate of attendance
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Lars Koerner joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in May 2014 as Project Director. He coordinates and conducts training programs at Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG mainly in the field of solar energy systems. Off-grid systems and PV-Diesel-Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification or industrial applications are his special interest.
Before joining RENAC Lars gained seven years of experience as project engineer and senior product manager at SolarWorld AG where he also managed several rural electrification projects. His experience in the area of solar energy spans further through his work at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Almeria, Spain and Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg, Germany. He is an expert in sizing and simulation of solar energy systems and the co-author on off-grid systems in Earthscan’s 3rd edition of “Planning and Installing Photovoltaic Systems”.
Lars holds an engineering diploma in Environmental Engineering / Renewable Energies and is also a state-licensed electrician.
Bernd Wollwerth-Carl has been working in different fields of renewable energies for almost 20 years and has been with Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG since March 2017. At RENAC he leads the Solar Energy department and in this role he gives lectures, runs seminars and workshops, and coordinates all solar energy projects.
After finishing his studies, Bernd started working in different fields of bioenergy (process engineering of biodiesel plants, operation of biogas plants, R&D for biogas liquefaction, etc.). In 2003 he joined the German Energy Agency (dena) where he was responsible for the bioenergy sector within the “Export Initiative Renewable Energies”. Here he implemented several large projects including the first PV roof top project of dena’s “solar roof program” in Athens. Later he worked for an energy supply company where he designed, developed and implemented bioenergy heat supply projects all over Germany. Thereafter he worked for three years as manager of the bioenergy department and later as International Sector Manager “Energy Companies” for the consulting company Ecofys GmbH where he implemented several large bioenergy studies. In 2009 he founded the company KWA Eviva GmbH and worked there as CEO as well as project developer for large-scale PV power plants in Germany, in Turkey and further countries abroad. At KWA Eviva GmbH he realized several large-scale ground-mounted PV plants.
Bernd has a diploma in Environmental Engineering.
Currently Frank runs a range of courses for people who are getting involved in the renewable energy industry and more specialised courses for solar electricity.
Frank Jackson is an expert solar photovoltaic trainer and has been involved in the solar energy industry since the early 1990s, running courses and seminars, designing and installing systems, and more recently active in publishing. He has worked in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Kenya, Tanzania and Somalia. Besides training activities, he has also designed and installed numerous photovoltaic systems (both off-grid and grid-tied).
Frank Jackson studied 1992 Photovoltaics and Development at the University of East London, and Electrical Installation Competences at the City & Guilds London Institute, London & Wales.