Applying Renewable Energy: Complete Overview
Do you want to understand the big picture of renewable energy? Then take this training and learn the fundamentals of these seven technologies, their multiple uses, differences and what each one can achieve.
- Solar thermal
- Small hydro power
- Concentrated solar power (CSP)
- PV-diesel hybrid systems
Additionally, each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
Do you want to get reminded one week before the registration deadline?
After the online training, you will be able to:
- Assess resources and suitability of sites for each technology
- Decide which components are to be used for which purpose
- Roughly calculate system size and energy yield and determine crucial paramerters
- Explain the principle functioning of each technology
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Possible specialisations after successfully finishing this training:
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 100 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Price: €760,00 (with 10% early bird discount until 20.08.2020)
E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live lectures
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- We offer group and alumni discounts. Contact us for further details.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
Lars Koerner joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in May 2014 as Project Director. He coordinates and conducts training programs at Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG mainly in the field of solar energy systems. Off-grid systems and PV-Diesel-Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification or industrial applications are his special interest.
Before joining RENAC Lars gained seven years of experience as project engineer and senior product manager at SolarWorld AG where he also managed several rural electrification projects. His experience in the area of solar energy spans further through his work at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Almeria, Spain and Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg, Germany. He is an expert in sizing and simulation of solar energy systems and the co-author on off-grid systems in Earthscan’s 3rd edition of “Planning and Installing Photovoltaic Systems”.
Lars holds an engineering diploma in Environmental Engineering / Renewable Energies and is also a state-licensed electrician.