GESS IIa: Grid-connected Photovoltaics (PV)
Our current decade showed an extraordinary downward price development for photovoltaic (PV) technology. As a result, newly installed peak power of PV systems now surpasses all other technologies, both conventional/fossil and renewable. Use this RENAC course to get yourself up to date about this most promising energy technology on our planet. You will receive solid theoretical knowledge on grid-tied PV combined with practical hands-on exercise. Our experienced trainers will get you involved in the training and will facilitate valuable group interaction and discussions.
- Introduction on PV applications and current global market trends and numbers
- Grid-tied PV systems
- PV project development and (economic) feasibility
- Hands-on work with solar equipment
- Site visit to a large scale PV power plant
The course is designed to:
- Give interested persons the knowledge, tools and confidence to make educated decisions on grid tied PV projects
- Facilitate the exchange of potential/specific project ideas between all participants who bring in perspectives from around the globe
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Assess solar resource and yield
- Identify PV plant components
- Design a plant with PVsyst (basic design)
- Analyse operational data from a real PV system
- Evaluate the core activities within the PV value chain
- Assess main steps of project development and implementation
- Comprehend key stakeholders and project structures
- Identify risks, risk mitigation, dos and don’ts
- Assess the KPIs of PV project calculation
- Investigate main costs (CAPEX and OPEX) and other relevant figures for an economic analysis
- Identify leverage of projects
- Evaluate a project with an according economic efficiency calculation tool
5 days (from 09:00 - 17:00 each day)
- 3,5 days theory
- 1 day practical hands-on exercises
- 0,5 days field visits
Dr. Emilienne Tingwey
Project Director Face-to-face Trainings
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 52
- Assessment of knowledge acquisition
- Qualified trainer with wide experience in the industry
- Up-to-date theoretical lectures, case study, discussion, partner work
- State-of-the-art practical training (calculations, hands-on exercises)
- Use of technology specific, self-build practical training rigs
- Field trips with inspections of power plants, buildings etc.
- Certificate of attendance
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Lars Koerner joined Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG in May 2014 as Project Director. He coordinates and conducts training programs at Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG mainly in the field of solar energy systems. Off-grid systems and PV-Diesel-Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification or industrial applications are his special interest.
Before joining RENAC Lars gained seven years of experience as project engineer and senior product manager at SolarWorld AG where he also managed several rural electrification projects. His experience in the area of solar energy spans further through his work at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Almeria, Spain and Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg, Germany. He is an expert in sizing and simulation of solar energy systems and the co-author on off-grid systems in Earthscan’s 3rd edition of “Planning and Installing Photovoltaic Systems”.
Lars holds an engineering diploma in Environmental Engineering / Renewable Energies and is also a state-licensed electrician.