The Green Banking Online Training is a professional training that can be completed by each participant individually, at any time and from any location. The training is tailored to deliver a comprehensive, general introduction into green finance topics. There are two learning paths available, one specifically for renewable energy finance and one for energy efficiency finance. A Kick-off Workshop in the respective partner country will introduce the participants to the concept of online learning prior to the Online Training. Please take note that attendance at the kick-off workshop is not mandatory.
Throughout the project lifetime of Green Banking MENA, one Online Training with an upstream Kick-off Workshop in the respective partner countries will be realised with up to 10 scholarships for participants from each country.
The Online Training is designed to offer insight information into Green Energy and Climate Finance. It also offers basics on financial evaluation and support mechanisms as selectable courses for those participants who are not familiar with these topics. These contents are complemented with political and market frameworks and case studies from the target countries of the Green Banking MENA project.
- Depending on the country there are two different learning paths available:
- Egypt, Jordan and Morocco: Focus on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Tunisia: Focus on Energy Efficiency
The Online Training is specifically targeted at professionals from financial institutions interested in acquiring basic knowledge in the field of Green Energy and Climate Finance.
These professionals may be:
- Credit Analysts
- Project Finance Specialists
- Client Relationship Managers
- The participation in the optional kick-off workshop in the respective partner country is free of charge and includes training material (color printed hard copies) and catering for the day.
- The Online Training lasts 12 weeks; participants need app. 5 to 10 hours study time per week to work through the material (reading, watching online lectures, self-evaluation, participation in the forum)
- The participation in the Online Training is free of charge and includes access to text and videos, questions for self-study, virtual classrooms, forum
- Participants can print out a copy of the course materials in the form of PDF documents for personal use
- Course material is provided in English (for Egypt and Jordan) and French (for Morocco and Tunisia)
- Lecturers in the virtual classrooms present in English (for Egypt and Jordan) and French (for Morocco and Tunisia)
- At the end of the online training, participants receive a RENAC certificate of attendance if the training is successfully completed
RENAC staff and lecturers offer extensive support all along the learning process via email and an online forum.
RENAC has many years of experience in distance learning via the internet. This training format has been increasing in popularity because it allows participants to decide when, where and how they prefer to learn.
The comprehensive Online Training programme ensures that the knowledge on fundamental aspects of Green Energy and Climate Finance is transferred to a broader audience in the partner countries.
|Country||Kick-Off Workshop||Online Training||Application phase|
|17.09. - 10.12.2019||01.-21.07.2019|
How to apply
The application phase for the Applying Green Energy Finance Programme and the Online Training will end on 21 July 2019. Scholars will be selected on the basis of the information given in the application form. The participation on a self-payment basis is not possible.
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 20
Fax: +49 (0)30 58 70870 88
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 25
Fax: +49 (0)30 58 70870 88
Green Banking email address: