Green Banking Uganda– Capacity Building on Green Energy and Climate Finance is a training programme directed towards financial institutions and clean energy market sector players interested in scaling up lending activities to decentralised renewable energy (decentralised RE) and energy efficient (EE) technologies.
The training package will be offered in Uganda starting from 1st December 2021.
Up to 80 scholarships for the participation in the Online Training and up to 12 scholarships for the Train-the-Trainer course are available to Ugandan finance professionals. The scholarships are financed through the GIZ programme DIAPOL-CE.
The capacity building programme will include an overview of the Ugandan energy market, key climate finance principles, SME finance, RE technologies for productive use and rural electrification as well as technical and financial assessment of RE/EE projects. The courses will be focusing on financial and risk evaluation of RE/EE technologies and services.
Theory content will be applied to case studies and four live webinars, including a business plan modeling virtual class, all in the Ugandan content.
Financial Institutions’ front line staff, credit analysts, risk analysts, branch and product managers active in:
- Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) and SACCOs
- Commercial banks
- Insurance companies
- Development Finance Institutions (DFIs)
- Institutional investors
- Private equity, risk capital and infrastructure funds
- SMEs and NGOs active in rural electrification projects
- Policy makers and multipliers from ministries, departments and sector agencies
- Trainers of banks' internal training departments
- Press and multipliers specialised in sustainable development and finance
- Virtual live webinar
- Introduction to the online learning journey
- Dates will be communicated through the invitation for application and on social media
- Four modules of RENACs proven courses on RE technologies and EE measures
- Flexible access: any time, any location
- Compatible with a full-time job
- Interactive learning platform and latest pedagogical resources
- Find out about the course details by clicking here
To ensure a long lasting impact and capacity building in Uganda,
- we are looking for a local partner training insitution!
- the selection of the local partner training instituition is currenty in process and will be communicated here
- Applications are open! Deadline for application: 24th Ocotber, 2021
- Scholars will be selected on the basis of the information given in the application form, their professional background and motivation for green finance are the main criteria
- Participation on a self-payment basis is not possible
- The courses, case studies and webinars are conducted in English
- Applicants must reside in Uganda or work for a Ugandan institution
Participants receive a RENAC certificate upon successful completion of the training after taking a multiple-choice exam. For any question, please e-mail our Green Banking team at: greenbanking-afrika[at]renac.de.
Green Banking Africa - Capacity Building on Green Energy and Climate Finance is a scholarship programme within the DIAPOL-CE - Policy dialogue and knowledge management on low emissions development strategies in the MENA region project. DIAPOL-CE is funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) via German International Climate Initiative (IKI) and implemented by GIZ.
Within this framework, the RENAC energy & climate gGmbH has been commissioned by GIZ to provide a 15-month capacity building programme on renewable energy and energy efficiency finance in the partner countries of Uganda and Senegal.
- The Online Training starts in December 2021
- The subsequent Train-the-Trainer starts in March 2022
- If possible: a 3-day face-to-face training will be held for 20 of the top participants of the online training, in the first half of 2022. The partner training institution will host the training, the local trainers shall perform the training by themselves with the materials provided in the TtT, and thereafter recieve an evaluation from RENAC