GESS IIb: Overview of Energy Efficiency in Industry and Buildings
The most economical and climate-friendly kilowatt hour is the kilowatt hour that we do not consume. Thus, an efficient utilisation of energy should be in the focus of every energy system among others in buildings and industry. This course provides you with a comprehensive but concise overview on how energy efficiency in buildings and industrial processes can be enhanced.
- Cross-sectional technologies in industry
- Analysis of the energy supply and energy consumption in industry
- Architectural design principles and modern technologies for ecological buildings
- Assessment of the energy performance of existing and new buildings
- Policy design techniques and legal instruments for promoting energy efficiency
- Definitions and methodology of Energy Management and the ISO 50001
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
The course is designed to:
- Identify the potential of energy efficiency (EE) measures in buildings and industry
- Show how to assess the energy performance of buildings and industrial processes
- Discuss governmental instruments to enhance EE
- Evaluate the economic feasibility of EE measures
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify energy efficiency measures along a conversion chain in an industry
- Propose EE measures and solutions to put in place
- Calculate the technical and economic savings resulting from EE measures
- Classify the energy efficiency of different control strategies of pumps.
- Assess the energy performance of an existing building
- Analyse the energy consumption of a building and audit the cost
- Recognise standards for energy management processes
- Calculate the profitability of applied energy efficiency measures
- Propose governmental instruments to enhance EE
5 days (from 09:00 - 17:00 each day)
- 3,75 days theory
- 0,75 days practical hands-on exercises
- 0,5 days field visits
Dr. Emilienne Tingwey
Project Director Face-to-face Trainings
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 52
- Assessment of knowledge acquisition
- Qualified trainer with wide experience in the industry
- Up-to-date theoretical lectures, case study, discussion, partner work
- State-of-the-art practical training (calculations, hands-on exercises)
- Use of technology specific, self-build practical training rigs
- Field trips with inspections of power plants, buildings etc.
- Certificate of attendance
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Henning Harke joined the Renewables Academy (RENAC AG) in April 2016. He is Project Manager in the field of Energy Efficiency.
Henning develops new learning material in the field of energy efficiency. Moreover, he supports the acquisition of companies within the framework of the Export Initiatives on renewable energies and energy efficiency funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy.
Mr Harke holds a Master Degree in International Management and Engineering from the Technical University of Hamburg. He conducted his master thesis in collaboration with MAN Diesel & Turbo, where he designed waste heat recovery systems for heavy duty combustion engines, which he also evaluated economically. Mr Harke speaks German and fluent English and has intermediate knowledge of Spanish.