Distance learning study programme
MBA Renewables is the first and only distance learning MBA programme focusing on renewable energy and energy efficiency. The international study programme has been jointly offered by Berliner Hochschule für Technik (BHT) and the Renewables Academy since 2011. The online modules are studied part-time with flexible hours over the course of 2.5 years, including a Master’s thesis.
Join other professionals from all over the world in this programme and gain economic, technical, legal, political and organisational expertise tailored to the specific needs of the emerging renewable energy markets. This highly regarded MBA programme will help you to enhance your career prospects.
Why MBA Renewables?
- Interdisciplinary: MBA Renewables brings different disciplines together to provide students with the necessary skills to develop a career in the renewable energy markets
- International: MBA Renewables students work and live in more than 50 countries
- Excellent career prospects: Career paths along the whole renewable energy value chain, from the private sector, to public organisations, financing institutions and consultancies, among others.
- Flexible: Study at any time and from any location
- Practical: one week on-campus time with practical exercises, field trip and networking
- Accredited: FIBAA accreditation
- High expertise: Berliner Hochschule für Technik - Distance Learning Instituteis a German pioneer in Distance Learning. RENAC a globally operating expert on training for renewable energies and energy efficiency, serves as a bridge between students and the industry.
Who is it for?
MBA Renewables is open for graduates of all fields of study. The study programme has been developed for professionals who pursue a management position in the renewable energy and energy efficiency industries. It addresses professionals with at least 2 years of work experience who strive for a management position in the renewable energy industry.
The distance learning programme in brief
|Degree||Master of Business Administration (MBA) Renewables|
|University||Berliner Hochschule für Technik (BHT) in cooperation with Renewables Academy|
|Content||• Management and Leadership Skills|
• Energy Policy, Support Mechanisms and Regulations
• Technologies – Systems and Applications (Renewables, Energy Efficiency)
• Marketing and Project Management
Learn more about the programme structure and curriculum
|Lecturers||Professors from BHT and other universities as well as professionals from the renewables and energy efficiency industry|
Mode of study
|Attendance in Berlin||• Oral Master‘s examination (mandatory)|
• Optional: on-campus practical training and exposure visits in the second or fourth semester (elective)
|Admission requirements||• University degree (210 ECTS credits)|
• Very good command of English (Level B2 based on the CEFR)
• At least 1-2 years of work or practical experience
|Fees and payment||€16,000 (examination fees per semester are included), payable in 5 instalments of €3,200 each|
|Additional costs||Travel and accommodation expenses during phases of attendance in Berlin|
1st October, annually
15th July, annually
" (...)such a wonderful event. It has provided an excellent framework for reconnecting with friends, colleagues, professors, RENAC and Beuth University"
Tim Greenaway, Australia, Alumni Conference
"(...) a truly enjoyable, informative and useful two-weeks training. The hands-on resources, coupled with computer modeling and site visits were transformational for my understanding of the technologies."
Graham Andrew Majorhart, USA
"I learned a lot and will most definitely be able to apply all this knowledge to my day to day work. I enjoyed the lectures, field trips and day to day experience."
Peter Förster, Project Manager, mentefactura, Ecuador