Applying Renewable Energy: Complete Overview
Do you want to understand the big picture of renewable energy? Then take this training and learn the fundamentals of these seven technologies, their multiple uses, differences and what each one can achieve.
- Solar thermal
- Small hydro power
- Concentrated solar power (CSP)
- PV-diesel hybrid systems
Additionally, each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the online training, you will be able to:
- Assess resources and suitability of sites for each technology
- Decide which components are to be used for which purpose
- Roughly calculate system size and energy yield and determine crucial paramerters
- Explain the principle functioning of each technology
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Possible specialisations after successfully finishing this training:
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 100 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Isabelle Gezer joined the Renewables Academy (RENAC) in October 2017. She works as Project Manager within the Solar Energy Department, develops training material and is also involved as lecturer in face-to-face seminars, workshops and online classrooms.
Ms Gezer has worked for three years for one of Europe’s biggest Solar Asset Management providers. As a technical asset manager for a large Solar PV Portfolio in UK, her daily routine included overseeing the technical performance of the assets, reviewing acceptance test calculations and liaising with EPC Contractors, O&M Providers, grid operators as well as other third parties.
Isabelle Gezer holds a diploma in Environmental Engineering (Technical University of Berlin) and Masters in Solar PV Engineering (University of Jaen, Spain).