Certified Renewable Energy Project Developer: Biogas
This online training explains the most important economic aspects of renewable energy project planning. It describes the methodologies of different support mechanisms and conveys knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks. Participants will learn which parameters are used to assess the bankability of renewable energy projects, and understand a banker’s view on risks related to PV, wind and biogas projects. The course includes a checklist for the project developer to ensure that all data that the bank requires is ordered and complete. The elective course allows insights in the planning process for a medium to large-scale biogas plant - from the earliest stages to implementation.
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
- Methodology of project valuation
- Support mechanisms for renewable energy projects
- Renewable energy project finance
- The anaerobic digestion process – Types of process and process parameters
- Special substrates and sustainability
- Special technologies for biogas plants and main components
- Biogas application
- Treatment of digestate
- Example Biogas plant
- Feasibility studies
- Safety aspects
- Cash flow analysis
- Operation and maintenance
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Calculate relevant economic parameters of a renewable energy project
- Decide which support mechanisms are applicable
- Prepare the data required for a bankability assessment
- Define the necessary steps from planning to O&M for the elective technology
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 130 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration