RENAC facilitates a training and mentoring programme for Energy Innovation Coaches (EIC). The idea is to ramp up the PV market by fostering knowledge exchange, linking stakeholders, and enabling idea generation. EICs shall consult companies on energy supply with PV, solar thermal and optimizing their energy consumption by energy efficiency measures. After attending the programme EICs shall be in the position to consult the building sector as well as industry and commerce on renewable energies (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) by:
- evaluating the energy supply and the possibilities for the application of PV and solar thermal,
- identifying the possibilities where and how much energy can be saved,
- giving a comprehensive overview of buildings and industrial processes and their weak points,
- showing how economical the individual energy-saving options are,
- suggesting concrete measures to supply energy using RE and to save energy by EE.
The planned programme will support EICs to prepare for their consultancy tasks with several capacity building and mentoring activities. A broad experience in energy topics combined with a certain seniority will be a precondition to apply for participation.
Planned capacity building and mentoring activities:
- capacity needs assessment of preselected participants,
- development of training programme for EICs,
- online training programme with exam on RE and EE topis (technology and economics),
- Face-to-Face training on PV and EE,
- evaluation of energy monitoring and consultancy exercises,
- mentoring of first consultancies with companies.