Capacity Building and Quality Infrastructure of Rooftop PV Installers in Egypt
Rooftop PV Installers in Egypt 2018 - 2019
RENAC is collaborating with the German Development cooperation (GIZ) to provide practical-orientated training courses and capacity building measures focused on solar energy, in order to develop the capacities PV installers in Egypt. The trainings start in July 2018 until February 2019.
The training program is sponsored by the GIZ development measure “Egyptian-German Joint Committee for Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, and Climate change (JCEE)”, in the context of the bilateral cooperation between the Egyptian Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy (MoERE), and the Federal German Ministry for Development and International Cooperation (BMZ).
This program will offer courses for engineers and installers of Egyptian companies operating in the supply, installation, operation and maintenance of rooftop PV systems (less than 500 kWp).
- Analysis of installed PV systems and their potential sources of error
- Correct wiring and installation of mounting systems of PV plants
- Connection of a small-scale PV system to the grid according to the grid code
- Detection of source of failure and repair based on several years of experience from RENAC experts
- Installation of PV system with a capacity of total capacity 5 KWp. The system will be installed on the roof of NREA premises or similar roofs nearby owned by North Cairo Distribution Company (NCDC)
- Technical knowledge about PV on-grid systems and their single components
- General knowledge about the overall conditions of installing PV rooftop systems, such as e.g. connection regulations, safety measures and weather requirements
- Theoretical knowledge on the design, calculation, and sizing of PV rooftop systems, that is in other words, orientation of panel, shading etc.
- Exchange and discussions on potential technical problems while installing PV systems
Certification and Examination
Participants that attend the entire training program will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course. The RENAC certificate is an indicator of the strict quality standards and internal review mechanisms, which are also assured by the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 29990:2010 standards. An exam will also be conducted at the end of the course. RENAC will provide each participant with an additional certificate containing their exam score after the training program.
GIZ and NREA will receive the results of the examination and hand over the certificate to the candidate separately. The test result is shared only with the candidate who participated in the training course.
The workshops are currently under design. More information will be shared after their finalization.
The companies should be certified through the New and Renewable Energy Authority (NREA) to be eligible to nominate one candidate to attend this training.
Knowledge of English language is necessary to attend the training course as the course will be delivered in English.
Participation in the training and workshop is free of charge. Training related costs will be covered by the GIZ/JCEE project. This also includes lunch and coffee breaks during the training sessions. Transportation costs to the site to install the PV system will be covered by the GIZ/JCEE. It is the responsibility of the participant to be present at the NREA premises at each training.
How to apply
The application process is currently closed.