Protection System in low and medium Voltage Grids
Protection systems are one of the very important components of power supply systems to meet safety, reliability and quality of supply requirements.
In the event of a fault, the protection systems can isolate the faulty components and at the same time keep the healthy parts of the power supply system in operation. Efficient protection systems can detect and isolate faults or exceptional situations within seconds to milliseconds. Back-up protection devices are installed to improve the reliability of the protection system.
This course focuses on:
- Electrical behavior of protection devices and photovoltaic generation systems
- Grid calculation methods
- Protection system planning principles
- Protection testing
- Compliance monitoring
Do you want to get reminded one week prior to registration deadline?
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the general purpose of protection systems in distribution grids
- Name the basic principles of protection systems
- Identify the different impacts of renewables integration that impact grid protection scheme design
- Identify the most important differences in grid protection systems between low and medium voltage grids
- Explain the different kinds of protection systems that are in use today
- Describe the different calculation methods used in protection system planning
- Derive key success factors for effective protection planning principles when taking into account distributed PV power generation
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46