Within the CapREG programme, RENAC will conduct a six-month online training with up to 100 scholarships for participants from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru and Ecuador.
The new online training "Certified Flexible Power System Specialist" is intended to convey the topic of grid integration of photovoltaics / wind power and the flexibility options of power generation. The primary target group are important multipliers in the energy sector who do not have an engineering degree.
RENAC has many years of experience in distance learning programmes and has an approved certification for distance learning programmes from the Central Office for Distance Learning (ZFU). Every commercial distance learning programme in Germany is obliged to be approved by the ZFU.
Details of the online training
The comprehensive online training programme ensures that the knowledge on impacts of variable renewable energy on power system operation as well as the future needs for flexibility options in the power system is transferred to the vast audience in the selected seven partner countries within the CapREG programme.
The online training covers the topics: Introduction to PV and wind power, wind and PV grid integration, flexibility options for power systems and flexibility in thermal plants.
- Duration: 6 months
- Estimated study time: 5 - 10 hours/week, total study time is approx. 150 hrs. to work through the whole course material. Note: Those who have participated in the CapREG online courses On 1 und 2 will probably need less study time.
- After successful completion of the online training, participants who pass the final exam will receive a certificate as “Certified Flexible Power System Specialist”.
Further details about date and application deadline for internet based training see table below:
|CFPSS||14.05 - 30.11.2018||31.03.2018||n/a|
Features of the online training
- Course material will be provided in English and Spanish.
- The online training comprises texts, videos, tests for self-evaluation and further reading material.
- Throughout the course there will be several webinars. These virtual classrooms are held in English and Spanish.
- RENAC staff and lecturers will offer extensive support along the learning process via email and forum.
- At the end of the online training, participants will have the possibility to take an online exam.
- After successful completion of the course and exam, participants will receive a RENAC certificate as "Certified Flexible Power System Specialist".
Costs / Scholarship
How to apply?
- Interested participants have to apply online before deadline for application and accept the terms of reference for the scholarship.
- Selection process: RENAC will evaluate the applications and choose the participants for the online training. RENAC will inform applicants about results of selections process after deadline for application and in due time before the start of the online training.
Prerequisites and requirements for the online training
- Candidates interested to apply for a scholarship have to be a citizen of one of the seven CapREG partner countries (Indonesia, Viet Nam, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador)
- This course is designed for those who are interested in advanced know how on power system flexibility options.
- Good to very good proficiency in English and/or Spanish is mandatory.
- A stable internet connection is necessary for the online training.
- You have to accept the terms of reference for the participation.