Trainings in Berlin
Four seminars in Berlin on "Energy System Transformation"
In 2018, the Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG, will organise four seminars in Berlin.
The objectives of each of the four seminars are:
- to give participants an in-depth view into the German energy transition (power supply with large amount of wind and PV and system stability, new business models and entrepreneurship opportunities, experiences and lessons learnt)
- to transfer knowledge on important issues related to renewable energy, grid integration of photovoltaic and wind power and flexible power systems with large amount of PV and wind
- to create a networking and knowledge exchange platform for professionals from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru and Ecuador
The objectives mentioned above will be fulfilled through a blend of up-to-date lectures, laboratory exercises, site visits, and discussions with stakeholders as well as group work exercises. The outline of the seminar shall enable participants to gain knowledge with high practical relevance. After successful completion of the seminar the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Four five-day trainings in Berlin on “Energy System Transformation"
|P8 - Berlin||16. - 20.04.2018||28.01.2018||n/a|
|P9 - Berlin||28.05 - 01.06.2018||11.03.2018||n/a|
|P10 - Berlin||03. - 07.09.2018||03.06.2018||n/a|
|P11 - Berlin||22. - 26.10.2018||22.07.2018||n/a|
Features of the seminars
- The seminars in Berlin are designed for a maximum of 15 participants per seminar coming from all seven CapREG partner countries.
- The course material is provided in English.
- All the lectures will be held in English. No translation in other language is provided.
- After successful completion of the course, participants will receive a RENAC certificate for attending the seminar.
Costs / Scholarship for the seminars
- Training fees: The participation in the seminar is covered up to 100% by the CapREG programme and includes the course material (color printed hard copies), lunch, coffee/tea breaks, site visits, travel and health insurance for the duration of the seminar in Berlin.
- Travelling costs: The scholarship covers up to 50% of the hotel and flight costs. For an inbound and outbound economy class flight between Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Berlin, RENAC will reimburse up to 50% of the flight costs with a cap of 550 Euro. For an inbound and outbound economy class flight between Mexico, Peru, Ecuador and Berlin, RENAC will reimburse up to 50% of the flight costs with a cap of 650 Euro. RENAC will reimburse 50% of the hotel cost (for maximum of 7 nights) with a cap of 41.25 Euro per night. The participants shall bear the rest of the costs themselves.
Examples for reimbursement calculations:
RENAC will reimburse 20 Euro/night if the hotel costs 40 Euro/night, 41.25 Euro/night if the hotel costs 82.50 Euro/night and 41.25 Euro if the hotel costs 100 Euro/night.
For an economy class flight from Thailand to Berlin of 950 Euro, RENAC will reimburse 475 Euro and if the flight costs about 1300 Euro, RENAC will reimburse 550 Euro only. Similarly, for an economy class flight from Ecuador to Berlin of 1500 Euro, only 650 Euro will be reimbursed.
How to apply?
- Interested participants have to apply online for a scholarship and accept the terms of reference for the scholarship.
- Selection process: RENAC will evaluate the applications and choose the participants for the seminar in Berlin. RENAC will inform applicants about results of selections process after deadline for application and in due time before the start of the seminar.
- Participants have to organise and book their travel to/from Berlin and hotel in Berlin as well as other travel arrangements themselves. RENAC will provide information about hotels situated near the Renewables Academy AG in Berlin.
- IMPORTANT: For VISA application, candidates applying for a seminar in Berlin must make sure that all required information is filled out in the application form.
Prerequisites and Requirements for the scholarship
- Candidates interested to apply for a scholarship have to be a citizen from one of the seven CapREG partner countries (Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador)
- Target groups are: Ministries related to climate protection/policy, subordinate authorities and regulators, regional or local administration, university professors, lecturers, energy service companies, transmission and distribution grid operators, industry, trade associations, law firms, NGOs and media
- Good to very good proficiency in English is mandatory.
- You have to accept the terms of reference
Online Application Form
The application process is currently closed
Impressions of the Berlin seminars
"CapREG has been an outstanding opportunity to learn specifications of renewable energy and grid integration not just within Germany but in a broad range of countries, through the diversity of its participants. RENAC has put together a very comprehensive course with state of the art knowledge."
Rene Narvaez Torres, Director of Clean Energy Regulation, Energy Regulatory Commission Mexico
"The seminar transfers critical knowledge of renewable energy technologies and practical solutions to energy management problems in my country."
Kitisak Nokyou, Engineer, Provincial Electricity Authority, Thailand
"The seminar allowed me to obtain proper knowledge in order to help Ecuadorian authorities in decision making. This seminar has been one of my best professional experiences in 2015."
Leonardo Moncada Cuenca, Agency of Regulation and Control (ARCONEL), Ecuador
"The RENAC CapREG training provided a good mix of classroom instructions, field visits to actual solar PV and wind generating plants and practical application by students through the role playing and reporting of lessons learned. The field trips were valuable because they allowed participants hands-on experience of actually witnessing successful projects. These were proof that renewable energies can be successfully integrated into the grid and compete in the market."
Anna R. Reodica, Renewable Program Manager & Specialist, MERALCO (Manila Electric Company), Philippines