Bankability of Renewable Energy Projects
Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Peru, Ecuador
The three-day seminar “Bankability of Renewable Energy projects” offers its participants the opportunity of learning about renewable energy projects from a financial and commercial point of view.
Content and country specific technology focus
The main focus of the three-day seminar will be on economic and financial aspects, especially standards for bankable projects and adequate business plan preparation. Experienced experts in the respective field will explain in detail economic and financial aspects of specific technologies, giving the participants an understanding of the expected global market development for the respective technologies, costs and revenues. Furthermore, participants will learn in depth how to assess renewable resources, how to calculate the annual energy output as basis for project financing and understand which aspects are critical when it comes to adequately assess the risks related to such renewable energy projects.
It will focus on specific technologies that might differ from country to country according to a needs assessment that RENAC did in the first half of 2014. For further information about the country specific technology focus, please check the respective country website (Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Peru).
Note: RENAC might adapt the seminar plan according to country?specific needs and /or participants’ requirements.
The three-day seminar on “Bankability of Renewable Energy projects” is targeted at professionals from the public and private sector working in the field of energy who are interested in acquiring the economic and financial knowledge for planning and executing bankable renewable energy projects.
These professionals may come from the following backgrounds:
- Financing institutions
- Project developers
At the end of the seminar:
- Participants will be familiar with the economic and financial aspects of renewable energy projects
- Participants will be able to understand the critical aspects of bankable renewable energy projects
- Participants will have a broaden understanding of risks related to such projects and how to evaluate, mitigate and avoid these risks
- Participants will be able to calculate costs and revenues of such projects
- Course materials are provided in English; participants will receive colour printed hard copies (no files)
- Lecturers will present in English; simultaneous translation will be provided (according to country specific needs)
Duration and number of participants
The seminar lasts 3 days and is designed for up to 15 participants.
The location for the seminar will be in the partner country. Participants will be informed in due time about the details of the venue for the seminar.
Requirements for participants
- Participants have to apply online and accept the terms of reference for the scholarship
- For information about deadlines for application please check the respective country website (Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Peru)
- Knowledge of renewable energy technology (attendance of basic seminar P1 / On1 or availability of comparable know how)
- Participants should be willing to attend the whole seminar, find solutions through group work, to present results and to discuss solutions
- Good English proficiency is an advantage
- RENAC will choose participants according to the information provided in the application form, e.g. ensure that the participants are part of the target group. Participants accepted for a training will receive a confirmation email from RENAC.