Planning PV projects
Indonesia, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador
The three-day seminar “Planning PV projects” offers its participants the opportunity of learning about the planning and realisation of large photovoltaic systems connected to the grid. Starting from feasibility studies for a project the main steps of a PV project will be explained by experts in the field.
Content of the seminar
The seminar starts with an explanation of fundamental components of a large grid-connected PV system as well as spatial planning and yield estimation. Then lecturers will go through all important aspects in PV project development, system planning & engineering, construction and operation. The objective is to guide participants through all fundamental planning steps: from the first idea to the realisation of a PV project. First of all, solar irradiation conditions, space requirements and yield estimations will be explained, using an actual site in the partner country. Once these basic parameters of such a project are known, the project development phase is discussed further, looking at permissions, contracts, power purchase agreements (PPA) etc. Then, important technical aspects such as component selection, grid connection but also operation and maintenance will be explained. Analysing financial aspects of the project using cash-flow analysis methods, will round off the course.
The three-day seminar “Planning PV projects” is targeted at professionals from the public and private sector working in the field of energy who are interested in acquiring theoretical as well as practical knowledge regarding the planning of PV projects. These professionals may come from the following backgrounds: Representatives from ministries, regulatory institutions, transmission and distribution grid operators, utility companies and project developers. Participants should have a technical background or a good understanding of energy-related technical contexts.
At the end of the seminar:
- Participants will acquire or extend their knowledge on different aspects related to the planning and execution of PV projects
- Participants will learn the different steps in project planning and project engineering from sizing the system to analysing the profitability of the project
- Participants will be familiar with the execution of the project through construction and commissioning
- Participants will have a broadened knowledge of operation and maintenance of PV systems
- Course materials are provided in English; participants will receive colour printed hard copies (no files)
- Lecturers will present in English; simultaneous translation will be provided (according to country specific needs)
Duration and number of participants
The seminar lasts 3 days and is designed for up to 15 participants.
The location for the seminar will be in the partner country. Participants will be informed in due time about the details of the venue for the seminar.
Requirements for participants
- Participants have to apply online and accept the terms of reference for the scholarship
- For information about deadlines for application please check the respective country website (Indonesia, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru and Ecuador)
- Participants should be willing to attend the whole seminar, find solutions through group work, to present results and to discuss solutions
- Good English proficiency is an advantage
- RENAC will choose participants according to the information provided in the application form, e.g. ensure that the participants are part of the target group. Participants accepted for a training will receive a confirmation email from RENAC.