Battery Energy Storage Systems for Grid Ancillary Services
This course is intended for project developers, grid operators and academics who are interested in the rationale for sizing BESS in ancillary services to solve power quality problems. It provides an overview about motivation, methods, and best practice for early steps to identify the suitability of a BESS for a given ancillary service. As such, it is one of multiple parts of the toolset to evaluate the optimum use and location of BESS.
This course focuses on:
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) sizing for ancillary services
- BESS economics in ancillary services
- BESS performance
Do you want to get reminded one week prior to registration deadline?
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain why small amounts of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) in ancillary services can reduce the need for thermal must-run power station fraction,
- Explain when the sizing of a BESS is first needed,
- Identify relevant sources for requirements to size a BESS for ancillary services,
- Carry out a basic sizing methodology, and
- Extract relevant information from the sizing to evaluate a BESS business case.
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46