Flexible Grid Infrastructure and Management
Power generation based on VRE poses new challenges to the electrical system. Some of these challenges can be addressed by adapting the power system flexibility to the increasing volatile power generation from VRE sources.
This course focuses on:
- Boundary conditions and procedures for grid operation
- Infrastructure improvements for VRE integration
- Congestion management with consideration of low carbon emissions
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the technical limits of electrical grids,
- Describe the most important boundary conditions and procedures for grid operation,
- Explain which grid infrastructure components allow the transmission and distribution of high shares of VRE generation across the power system, and
- Analyse congestion management procedures with additional consideration of low carbon emissions.
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46