This online/eLearning course covers topics on recovery measures rooted in the energy transition. The course is based on the International Renewable Energy Agency’s (IRENA) 2020 report, THE POST-COVID RECOVERY - AN agenda for resilience, development and equality. The course offers practical advice on investment and policy decisions that promote sustainable economic recovery and long-term growth.
The IRENA report is applicable to a broad range of economic and social disruptions, particularly climate change. Participants are invited to practice applying the policies and initiatives discussed to crises more broadly.
- To describe some of the ways that economic crises impact the energy sector;
- to understand how economic crises intensify the urgency to expand the renewable energy sector;
- to explain why the transition to clean energy technologies can be an attractive part of economic recovery packages, with many social and economic benefits; and
- to give examples of key policy strategies that can be applied in the green recovery package.
- You can begin the course at any time - just click the link below to register.
- Once registered, you will have 6 weeks to complete the course.
- You can study from anywhere around the globe, at your own pace, and at any time.
- It takes approx. 40 hours of study time in total to learn the texts and illustrations and to complete self-test questions.
- Find out more about our eLearning course features.
This eLearning course is open access. Anyone who is interested in the global energy transition, and its potential to foster sustainable socioeconomic development and social inclusion, is invited to participate.
In close cooperation with the authors of the IRENA report, "THE POST-COVID RECOVERY - An agenda for resilience, development and equality" (2020), we have transferred the main findings and recommendations of this highly relevant and extensive work into an eLearning course format. For this purpose, we have rewritten and condensed the main content into smaller chapters, with related learning objectives and exercises (self-test questions).
The green recovery agenda laid out in the report, and in this corresponding eLearning course, offer a comprehensive set of investment and policy actions that respond to the combined challenges of economic crisis and climate change. The curriculum aims to be global, inclusive, systematic, and transformative. With this course, we aim to reach a broader audience and to realise the benefits of implementing the agenda.
- The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is the lead intergovernmental agency for the global energy transformation that supports countries in their transition to a sustainable energy future.
- Renewables Academy AG (RENAC) is a Berlin-based specialist in education and training of renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency.
- IET (International Energy Transition GmbH) is a Berlin-based consulting firm providing advisory services for the transition towards clean energy systems.
- Radicle Works provides high-quality writing, editing, and proofreading for projects focused on the energy sector, the green economy, and related policies.