Applying Renewable Energy: Large-scale systems
Applying Renewable Energy: Large-scale Systems provides fundamental knowledge on large-scale grid connected renewable energy systems for electricity production.
- Applications and market development
- Solar radiation
- System components
- System configurations (grid-tied and off-grid)
- Introduction to system design and yield estimation
- Wind as a resource
- Physical basics of wind power
- Turbine elements
- Energy yield calculation
- Wind farm planning steps
Concentrated Solar Power (CSP):
- Plant cooling
- Electricity storage
- Energy yield calculation
Additionally, each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
Do you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline?
After the online training, you will be able to:
- Assess resources and suitability of sites for each technology
- Decide which components are to be used for which purpose
- Roughly calculate system size and energy yield and determine crucial paramerters
- Explain the principle functioning of each technology
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Possible specialisations after successfully finishing this training:
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 60 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the "Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU" (German Authority for Distance Learning).
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
Albrecht Tiedemann is a director at the Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG since 2009. He manages the CapREG Program “Capacity Development on Renewable Energy and Grid Integration” for Professionals from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru and Ecuador working in the public and private energy sector. He is responsible for Blended e-Learning seminars (renewable energy and grid integration) and works as a trainer for wind energy (resource assessment, technology, hybrid wind/PV micro grids and wind farm economics) and for grid integration of renewables (balancing power and capacity credit calculation, short term power forecast for wind and solar). Mr Tiedemann moderates and chairs panel discussions, workshops, seminars and conferences.
From 2003 to 2009 he was Project Director at the German Energy Agency (dena) GmbH and there he worked as a Consultant for the German Federal Ministry of Economics & Technology, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, the European Commission and enterprises in the energy sector. Furthermore, he was the Chairman of Offshore Wind Standing Committee of the Federal government and the coastal Länder as well of the Forum Offshore Wind Energy and Nature Conservation. Mr. Tiedemann has been executively involved in the integration of renewable energies into the German energy supply system and in conducting strategic analysis for the German energy sector (German grid-study I and II until 2020 and 2030).
From 1989 to 2003 he worked as scientific assistant for the Federal Environmental Agency of Germany where he was responsible for developing environmental friendly technologies.
He holds a degree as “Engineer of Environmental Protection Technology” from the Technical University Berlin.