WEBINAR SERIES ON LOW-EMISSION REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
The framework conditions for the global use of refrigeration and air conditioning technology will change significantly in the near future:
- Worldwide, the phase-out of the use of refrigerants with a green-house effect has been agreed as part of the Kigali Amendment.
- Many countries have already started this transition and in South and Central America there is great potential to do so as well.
Climate change is to be limited to 1.5 °C by reducing greenhouse gas emissions:
- But worldwide, emissions from refrigeration and air conditioning systems are rising due to the energy required to power them.
- And according to the International Energy Agency, consumption for air conditioning is expected to triple by 2050.
Against this background, the transition to low-emission refrigeration and air conditioning systems could also be started in South and Central America: through early information, timely planning and coordinated financing.
The German Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (DKV) organized a webinar series in cooperation with the project Strategic Environmental Dialogues implemented by Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), which was also implemented in close coordination with the Proklima Programme and other local partners.
For further information about the webinars (content, agenda and presentations) please click below boxes where you will find all corresponding information.
German Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (DKV) – Organiser
Mr. Jörn Schwarz
Tel +49 - 39606 29871
Mr. Wolfgang Müller
Tel: +49 - 15141919516
You can find further background information as well as an detailed agenda of the three webinars in the following document:
Concept of Webinar-Series
LINKS AND WEBSITES
- German Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (DKV)
- Asociación Colombiana de Acondicionamento del Aire y de La Refrigeración
- Green Cooling Initiative
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Refrigeration and Heat Pump Technology, VDMA
- Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- German Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt) - UBA
- BAFA - Klima Kältetechnik Node