Certified Renewable Energy Project Developer: Biogas
This online programme provides a detailed introduction of what biogas systems are, how they work, what they are for, and how they are planned and implemented.
It covers the most important economic aspects of renewable energy project planning and describes how the most common public policy support mechanisms work. The programme also looks into how banks view the risks related to renewable energy projects, and examines the parameters they use to assess any new project’s bankability in order to decide whether they will get on board and finance it. To this end, the programme includes a checklist for project developers to ensure that potential partner banks receive all the data they require in the way they require it.
The programme includes access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to provide participants with the opportunity to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory and are not covered in the exam.
The programme contains three core courses on the essential financial considerations of renewable energy projects. These courses are mandatory and are a part of the exam.
- Renewable energy feasibility assessment and investment valuation
- Policy Frameworks for RE Power Generation
- Renewable energy project finance
Biogas project planning electives
The elective specialisation of this programme in biogas systems includes one optional course introducing the various aspects of what biogas is, how it is obtained and the various types of biogas plants, and one mandatory course on the planning of medium-sized biogas plants.
Receive a reminder one week before the registration deadline.
After completing this programme, you will be able to:
- calculate the relevant economic parameters of a renewable energy project;
- decide which support mechanisms are applicable;
- prepare the data required for a bankability assessment; and
- define the necessary steps from planning to O&M for a medium-sized biogas plant.
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 130 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
*incl 19 % of German VAT
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- RENAC content expert and learning platform technical support
- Moderated discussion forum for students
- Live lectures
- Multimedia learning materials
- Self-assessments, assignments and final exam
- Certified by the Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the programme
- We offer discounts for our alumni, group bookings, and multiple purchases. Contact us for further details.
Volker Jaensch is head of the Bioenergy, Renewable Energy, and Energy Efficiency Finance Division at RENAC. Since joining RENAC in 2010, Volker has implemented and managed bioenergy, wind energy, and green banking training programmes and projects. He has also been responsible for designing and creating renewable energy training centres, such as at Earth University in Costa Rica.
Before RENAC, Volker was a project manager at Veolia Environment and Gamesa Energia, where he gained ten years of professional experience in project development, due diligence, finance, and implementation of renewable energy projects with a focus on biomass and wind energy. He was also involved in renewable energy policy frameworks at the German Energy Agency (dena). Furthermore, Volker worked in developing and implementing sustainable carbon credit-generating projects (according to the Kyoto Protocol and the Gold Standard) in developing countries.
Volker received his MBA in 2001 from South Bank University London. He also holds a degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Applied Science Gießen.