CoBenefits in India
Based on capacity needs assessments, bilateral meetings with major stakeholders and co-benefits council workshop conducted in 2017, the following political priorities and co-benefits were identified by major political stakeholders and leading research institutions in India:
- Co-benefit 1: Energy access (cost saving and other opportunities)
- Co-benefit 2: Future development of employment in the power sector, skills and education needed (employment opportunities)
- Co-benefit 3: Health benefits related to less carbon-intensive power sector (health-related opportunities)
These are currently explored in more detail in research projects by national knowledge partner in country specific cobenefits assessment reports.
Overview of trainings in India
RENAC will realise the following face-to-face-trainings in India
- Each seminar is designed for up to 15 participants
- The participation in the seminar is free of charge and includes materials (colour printed hard copies), coffee / tea breaks, lunch for the duration of the seminar
- Course materials are provided in English
- Lecturers will present in English
- Selected participants will be informed in due time about the details of the venue for the seminar
|No.||Deadline for application||Online application|
|14. - 15.01.2019||Social and economic opportunities (co-benefits) of renewable energy for India - focus on employment, energy access and health opportunities – overview and results||2 days||IN_1||07.01.2019||Registration via TERI|
|11.02.2019||Workshop and Result presentation at WSDS (World Sustainable Development Summit), TERI||1 day||IN_2||17.01.2019||Registration via TERI|
How to register?
Interested key stakeholders and participants have to apply online and accept the terms of reference for applying to attend the training seminars. RENAC will choose participants according to the information provided in the application form, e.g. ensure that the participants are part of the target group. Participants accepted for a training will receive a confirmation email from RENAC.