The online training format has been increasing in popularity. It allows participants to decide when, where and how they prefer to learn. The Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG is offering a three-step online training on co-benefits of Renewable Energy for governmental departments and agencies in charge of climate and energy policies. So far RENAC has conducted COBENEFITS online training courses for over 1000 participants from India, Vietnam, South Africa and Turkey.
Applicants from the IKI partner countries Mexico, Kenya, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam and India are eligible to apply for the COBENEFITS online courses.
With these online courses participants can acquire background knowledge and practical skills they need in their everyday work on reaping the benefits of renewable energy in their country context. After successful completion of the training modules, they receive a high-quality certificate that they can also use for their professional career. With the certificate they can prove to their employer that they have acquired the necessary specialist knowledge in dealing with co-benefits.
|Module||Course||Course / Study time||Start||Application|
|I||COBENEFITS - FUNDAMENTALS|
|Co-benefits of renewable energy in climate change mitigation - Overview|
|II||COBENEFITS - POLICIES|
|Policies and instruments to mobilise the social and economic Co-Benefits of renewable energy|
|III||COBENEFITS – METHODOLOGY & ENERGY PLANNING|
|Co-Benefits Assessments: Methods and tools to identify and communicate social and economic opportunities of renewable energy|
Applicants may chose to take additional selective RENAC Online courses:
- Introduction to energy
- Introduction to electricity
- Introduction to electric grids
- Renewable energy technologies – Introduction
- Policy frameworks for RE power generation
- Climate Finance
- Accessing the green climate fund
- Green micro finance
- Intro course: Renewable energy grid integration
- Wind and PV grid integration
- PV application
- PV technology
- PV off grid systems
- PV business models (10 hours)
If you want to participate in single COBENEFITS online training modules or obtain the Certificate of COBENEFITS Specialist you can soon apply here. The online training will cover a wide range of important topics related to co-benefits, renewable energy and climate policies
- Participants will need 10 to 40 hours per course to work through the materials (reading, watching online lectures, self-evaluation), as well as additional time for preparation for the final exam of each step (module)
- The participation in the online training is free of charge and includes access to texts and videos, questions for self-study, virtual classrooms, forum, final test and certificate
- Participants can print out a personalised copy of the course materials in the form of PDF documents for personal use
- Online training materials are provided in English
- At the end of each module, participants can take an exam and receive a RENAC certificate if the training is successfully completed
- Participants can book and pass each step individually and receive a certificate for each step
- Participants who pass all three modular training steps successfully will receive the Certificate COBENEFITS Specialist in Renewable Energy.
RENAC staff and lecturers will offer extensive support all along the learning process via an online forum for questions and answers.