CoBenefits in Turkey
Based on capacity needs assessments, bilateral meetings with stakeholders and cobenefits council workshop conducted in 2017, political priorities and co-benefits were identified by major political stakeholders and leading research institutions for Turkey:
- Co-benefit 1: Energy supply security: Domestic renewable energy generation as opportunity for energy independence and reconciling the import / export balance
- Co-benefit 2: Local economic prosperity and sustainable employment with RE: Employment generation induced by renewables + skills and education needed (employment opportunities)
- Co-benefit 3: Renewable energy as opportunity for business and trade in Turkey (investment and innovation opportunities)
- Co-benefit 4: Improving the local environment, air quality protecting the culture and increasing the quality of life of Turkish people with renewables
These will be explored in more detail in research projects by national knowledge partner in country specific co-benefits assessment reports.
Overview of trainings in Turkey
RENAC will realise the following face-to-face-trainings in Turkey
- Each seminar is designed for up to 15 participants
- The participation in the seminar is free of charge and includes materials (colour printed hard copies), coffee / tea breaks, lunch for the duration of the seminar
- Course materials are provided in English
- Lecturers will present in English
- Turkish translation
- Selected participants will be informed in due time about the details of the venue for the seminar
|No.||Deadline for application||Online application|
|02.+03.09.2019 (tbc)||Assessment on impacts of increased deployment of renewable energy in Turkey’s power sector on energy supply security (Ankara)||2 days||TR_1||tba||open soon|
|04.+05.09.2019 (tbc)||Assessment of improvements in air quality related to an increase in the share of renewable energy in Turkey’s electricity mix (Ankara)||2 days||TR_2||tba||open soon|
|Assessment of industry development, trade and innovation induced by renewable power generation in Turkey (Istanbul)||2 days||TR_3||tba||open soon|
|09.+10.10.2019 (tbc)||Assessment of the future development of employment in the power sector and skills needed in Turkey (Istanbul)||2 days||TR_4||tba||open soon|
|02.+03.12.2019 (tbc)||Applying and evaluate methods, tool and instruments to mobilize ambitious NDCs and climate change mitigation (Ankara)||2 days||TR_5||tba||open soon|
|04.-06.12.2019 (tbc)||Sustainable power generation planning and IRP modelling for Turkey (Ankara)||3 days||TR_6||tba||open soon|
How to register?
Interested key stakeholders and participants have to apply online and accept the terms of reference for applying to attend the training seminars. RENAC will choose participants according to the information provided in the application form, e.g. ensure that the participants are part of the target group. Participants accepted for a training will receive a confirmation email from RENAC.